Wednesday 28 August 2013

Huge apologies for not posting

Yes, well, no excuses I suppose, apart from I spent last weekend in Holland.

I was invited to spend the weekend crewing for Annie Joppe and her lovely horse Dilmun at an Endurance ride in Leersum, Holland.  I had a fabulous time, although I am rather knackered to say the least.

Annie had entered the FEI 3* 160 Km class, with hope that on completion would put her forward for selection for the GB Endurance team, at the World Equestrian Games in France in 2014.  Unfortunately it wasn't to be her turn this time and was eliminated at vet gate three on metabolics.  It was such a shame, she and Dilmun had obviously worked extremely hard, but when that heart rate won't come down as you'd like ....

So two extremely early mornings later and all that travelling I am now back at home, trying to tackle knee high weeds and thousands, no, what seems like millions of caterpillars, happily munching their way through our brassica's, and I have zero energy.

So I shall endeavour to write a more suitable post tomorrow.  Goodbye for now xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I just found your blog through my friend Aarene's. I have some questions for you about the European style of endurance riding since that is where I've ended up and mostly I just understand AERC. Can you please email me? eli underscore barnett at hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete